Behind every successful journey is a well-established plan. True? Well, maybe in things like education, business, and marriage, yes. But when it comes to travel, it isn’t always the case.
You’ve probably heard or read about some great tips for traveling. And most of them include “planning ahead” as the first and most important tip. Booking in advance saves you the hassle of having to battle with long queues and crowd, allows you to maximize your time, and gives you a great chance of getting discounted deals on hotels and activities.
While there are plenty of benefits associated with traveling with a plan, going with the flow and fully immersing yourself to the joy and stress of traveling is also an exciting experience.
If you haven’t tried it, you could be missing out a lot. Below are some of the best reasons why it’s great to travel without a plan.
It gives you more freedom and flexibility
If you are accustomed to sticking with a plan, you know how constrained your schedule can be. Having booked all activities in advance means that you can’t just change your mind once you figure out a more exciting route or activity. Since nothing is booked in advance, you can embark on something different or better, leading to more exciting adventures. You won’t have to worry about missing out on the activities you find more enjoyable and can spend more time on it. And if you choose to stay in your destination for a little longer, you can do so! If you get a little racked up on funds while you’re on vacation, it’s good to know that there are ways to solve it dealing with personal loans for bad credit.
It gives you more time to relax.
When you have a fixed itinerary, it is hard to find time for relaxation. In most tour packages, you are only given an hour or two to explore a place. As soon as you wake up in the morning, you have this urge to be quick all the time – from showering to eating breakfast and exploring new places. But isn’t it travel a time to unplug from the hustle and bustle of your world, slow down, and breathe? Traveling without a plan allows you to take more in control of your schedule, and devote more time to rest and relaxation. Isn’t it lovely to have a leisurely lunch or an extended hour in bed, read a book by the pool while drinking coffee, or enjoy the shower and a bubble bath? Traveling is a great time to just enjoy the present moment and give your mind and body their much-needed break.
The spontaneity of traveling is an awesome experience.
You might feel a little anxious about just going with the flow of your trip. Sure, there could be mishaps along the way. Finding a good hotel might take a little time, it can cost a little money to navigate a different city, you might get lost, or end up choosing an attraction you won’t like. That’s all part of a spontaneous trip and ironic as they may seem, these unexpected moments are what makes traveling fun and memorable! You will learn so much as you go from your first-hand experience and your succeeding trips are going to be much more fun and less scary!
You should embark on a spontaneous trip at least once in your life. It’s a different adventure that you will not regret. Here are some tips to experience a great journey without a plan:
- Start by determining a general route. Then just fill in the blanks along the way. Be carefree!
- Utilize the technology to navigate new places. You’ll definitely benefit from Google Maps, Waze, Roadtrippers, and other relevant apps.
- Go with the flow. Come up with a list of at least five things to do in each destination you choose. Just the list. Forget about everything else!
- Keep an open mind. There’s a big possibility of experiencing unpleasant things. You might miss the train, ran out of gas, meet difficult people, or get hungry down the road. By being optimistic all the time, you can, and you will push through!
- Stay safe. Always keep contact numbers of your embassy. Get the phone numbers of the closest hospitals or clinics, police, and authorities that could help you in case of emergencies. Whether you’re traveling abroad or simply across states, safety should be your main priority.
Sometimes, the best things in life are those that are unplanned. So, take that spontaneous trip. You only live once, they say. It’s time to get out of your comfort zone and let your feet take you to some of the most exciting adventures that await you!